Lead iOS Developer at Unpluq
Join Unpluq in a mission to stop humanity from mindless scrolling! We’ve all been there, and everyone is struggling to balance their screen usage nowadays. It’s not easy (better to say almost impossible) to fight those algorithms with your own willpower, that’s why we decided to build something that helps you regain control over your screens. At Unpluq we help people to get off their screens to be present in life again!
Fully remote, Unpluq is a Techstars backed startup from the Netherlands and with team members across Europe. Unpluq is empowering people to have healthy digital lives: our first product is focused on tackling smartphone distraction/addiction. Join us as the first iOS developer on the team: we’re looking for a maverick and problem solver with strong iOS experience, with management aspirations. As our lead iOS Developer, you are responsible for creating our native iOS app, which will be similar to our live Android app.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing and maintaining our iOS app’s codebase (Swift, SwiftUI / UIKit)
- Working with the latest iOS 16 Screen Time API
- Version control through GitHub
- Hiring & leading the iOS team when new iOS developers join the team (code checks, sprint planning, 1-on-1s)
- QA testing and assurance, while the team is small
- 3+ years of experience in iOS development
- Experience with version control, software development in teams
- Solution oriented, taking initiative to solve problems
- Experience in B2C iOS development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English: remote means communication is key
- Able to work fully remote within 4 time zones of CET (Central European Time)
- Nice to have: experience in productivity, wellness, or fitness app spaces
Unpluq is a young startup from the Netherlands, enabling people to live healthily with the technology in their lives, so people can spend their time on what matters. Unpluq saves people 35 waking days per year from staring down at their phones.
We’re remote (with an office in Rotterdam), but the entire team meets regularly around the globe. Read our about page to learn more about our mission and vision.
- Employee remuneration (options or stock) will be available soon
- Job is fully remote
- Opportunity to grow into a critical role within the company, to manage the entire iOS team
- Benefit package, since we’re remote, includes gym membership for your local gym, depending on the country you’re in a private health insurance and if you need anything else to do your best work, we’ll do everything in our power to provide it
20 leave days a year
- Young, smart team solving a real problem that we can all relate to
- International team meetups
How to apply
Send the following things to email@example.com
1. Your LinkedIn profile (or CV)
2. A cover letter of why you’re interested in this role